Are you one of the millions suffering from foot pains? If yes, then you know exactly how it feels and how miserable it can make you. Standing, walking, exercising can all feel like a substantial chore. Moreover, foot problems caused by excessive activities can cause the worst pains to radiate through your legs and even into your back. In short, it can be downright excruciating as it keeps you from enjoying the activities that you like or even love.
What happens when you are walking around and/or standing all day long?
Standing, walking, or running for prolonged periods can cause certain complicated conditions. Many of these complications can happen if you stay standing for more than 60% of a workday repeated several times a week. Moreover, it usually occurs with job positions like retail staff, assembly line workers, security staff, baristas, bartenders, engineers, hairstylists, catering staff, library assistants, and laboratory technicians.
Muscles are always kept in constant stress position while walking or standing. Hence, they quickly become exhausted and result in pains and swellings in the lower back, legs, ankles, and feet. Moreover, muscle fatigue and disorder account for 33% of all injuries and illnesses at workplaces.
Furthermore, muscle fatigue happens after standing for five or more hours at once. In short, it is a broad condition where your feet or legs feel sore or tired. Symptoms displayed include swelling and soreness and can make it difficult to fully live the daily busy lives.
Plantar Fasciitis usually leads to heel pains and is one of the most common foot pains. Furthermore, it involves swelling of a thick band of tissue that runs across the bottom of feet connecting the hell bones and toes. Plantar Fasciitis causes stabbing pain, which usually occurs with your first morning steps.
As you get up and move, this pain normally decreases but could return after long periods of standing or when you stand up after sitting. In addition, this condition is most common in runners and overweight people. Also, Plantar Fasciitis may develop without an obvious cause, and some extra factors like age, certain exercises, foot mechanics, and occupations can increase the risk of developing this condition.
Veins that get twisted, and become enlarged are called varicose veins. Any vein can become varicosed however it is most commonly affected in the legs’ veins. Also, it happens because standing and walking upright increases the pressure in the veins of your lower body.
Moreover, varicose veins and spider veins are simply a cosmetic concern for most people. For other people, it can cause aching pain and discomfort and could lead to more serious problems. Treatment for varicose veins involves self-care methods or procedures by your doctor to close or remove veins.
Spider veins are smaller when compared to varicose veins, but they are similar. These are found closer to the surface of the skin and often look red or blue. In addition, these veins occur on the legs and are also found on the face. These spider veins vary in size and often look like a spider’s web.
- Varicose veins do not always cause pains
- Dark purple or blue color veins appear twisted and bulging
- An achy or heavy feeling in your legs
- Burning, throbbing, muscle cramping, and swelling in your lower legs
- Worsened pain after sitting or standing for a long time
- Itching sensation around one or more of the affected veins
- Skin discoloration around a varicose vein
What Should You Look For In Insoles?
- Insole Placement depending on the specific shoes you purchased.
- Anti-microbial factor to help keep your shoe stink factor down.
- Low-Friction top covers to avoid head accumulation, moisture creation, and to keep everything running smoothly.
- Arch height options for a semi-comfort fit to your feet.
- Trimmable or Trim-to-Fit insoles.
- Bulk Sizing for a better quality of insole and fit to your foot.
- Gel to help mitigate the shock of heel strike.
- Metatarsal Pads / Raises to reduce the pressure on the ball of your foot.
- Insole Footbed Type – rigid orthotic arch support, semi-rigid orthotic arch support, cushioned arch support, and no arch support/flat cushion.
- Suitable materials – foam, gel, cork, and leather.
Best Insoles For Walking And Standing All Day
Following are a few of the best insoles for all-day walking and standing:
1) Dr. Scholl’s Work Insoles
Dr. Scholl’s Work Insoles have reinforced arch support and all-day shock absorption. Moreover, these gel insoles are specifically designed for people who work on hard surfaces for the whole day. Also, it can help reduce the discomfort and fatigue in their legs and feet. Dr. Scholl’s Insoles is built with massaging gel technology and provides extra cushioning. These inserts can help you stay energized while you work. Dr. Scholl’s Insoles firm columns provide contoured support to the overworked arch area.
- Be more productive as these insoles absorb shock and reduce muscle fatigue in the feet and legs
- Superior comfort and cushioning for people who work on their feet all-day
- Designed for work boots, work shoes, sneakers, or casual shoes
- Move over 10% more with Dr. Scholl’s massaging gel advanced as proved by a recent clinical study
- softer and bouncier gel with ripple waves made for tired achy feet
- Feel energized and experience more movement with these insoles
- The package has one pair of gel insoles to fit women’s shoe sizes 6-10 and men’s 8-14
Where to purchase Dr. Scholl’s Work Insoles?
You can purchase Dr. Scholl’s Work Insoles here on Amazon.
2) Superfeet BLUE Professional-Grade Orthotic Shoe Inserts
Superfeet BLUE Professional-Grade Inserts are made of high-density closed-cell foam that supports and cushions the foot for long-lasting comfort. In addition, these are medium volume (amount of space taken up in shoe) or medium profile (how much shape is expected to feel under the foot) insoles, which can be trimmed to fit your shoes. Superfeet insoles have a narrow stabilizer cap to provide structure and support. Moreover, the heel cup is positioned to naturally absorb and soften the impact from the ground. These insoles put the support right where you need it, but take up less space in the shoe.
- Provides feet with moderate support that does not feel rigid
- Has a firm cushion that does not feel too soft
- Perfectly balanced between stability and comfort
- Made for a wide variety of people who just want to upgrade their shoes
- Designed to reduce stress across foot and long-term wear
- Offers insoles for different needs, and made in USA or Imported
- Sizes – 5.5 to 15 for men, 4.5 to 14 for women, 11.5 to 4 for kids
Where to purchase Superfeet BLUE Professional-Grade Orthotic Shoe Inserts?
You can purchase Superfeet BLUE Professional-Grade Orthotic Shoe Inserts here on Amazon.
3) PowerStep Pinnacle Arch Support Insoles
PowerStep Pinnacle Insoles are 100% Polyester arch support insoles with soles made of EVA foam. Furthermore, these full-length insoles provide neutral arch support, maximum cushioning, and high activity for moderate support. PowerStep Pinnacle Insoles features arch shapes that cradle the arch and the heel. It adds stability and motion control to limit excess stress on ankles, joints, feet, and tendons. These insoles can be worn in different shoe types like athletic, work, walking, running, and casual/dress shoes. Inserts are ordered by shoe size, hence, no trimming is required.
- Ideal for pain associated with Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis, Bunions, heel spurs, shin splints, hammer & claw toes, calluses & corns, and other foot, ankle, knee, arch, heel, hip & back pains
- Has built-in neutral arch supports with dual-layer cushioning
- Recommended inserts for Men and Women
- Designed specifically by a Podiatrist to relieve pain, add support and comfort
- Sizes – 3 to 16+ for men, and 5 to 12 for women
Where to purchase PowerStep Pinnacle Arch Support Insoles?
You can purchase PowerStep Pinnacle Arch Support Insoles here on Amazon.
4) Walk-Hero Comfort and Support Feet Insoles
Walk-Hero Comfort and Support Feet Insoles have premium EVA material, which provides lasting comfort and arch support. These insoles help improve foot and leg alignment and help ease stress and pain. Furthermore, the deep heel cup maintains correct foot positioning and protects your heel during the heavy impact of landing during walking or running. These soles are excellent for shock absorption and pain relief. The fabric in Walk-Hero insoles also helps keep your feel cool. These insoles can be used in walking or casual hiking shoes, work shoes, work boots, and all other types of leisure or everyday footwear.
- Get relief from flat feet (Pronation), bunions, arthritis, and diabetes, Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain & heel spurs), Achilles Tendonitis, and Ball of Foot pain
- Premium-made materials, industry-leading shock absorption in the heel and forefoot pads
- Can help to spread the impact over time and peak impact shock reduction
- Increased area of contact with the foot, and innovative arch support
- Reduces pressure felt on key peak pressure points like the heel and the ball of the foot
- Expertly engineered, patented heel cup improves the alignment of the kinetic chain, beginning with the ankle
Where to purchase Walk-Hero Comfort and Support Feet Insoles?
You can purchase Walk-Hero Comfort and Support Feet Insoles here on Amazon.
5) Samurai Shoe Insoles
Samurai Insoles are made for both men and women for lightning-fast plantar fasciitis relief. Easily replaces your shoes’ factory insoles with these Original Samurai Insoles for relief from many common foot and leg symptoms. These insoles are designed by a leading podiatrist to address the root causes. Samurai Original Insoles have a supportive, comfortable, flexible, orthotic core built inside to get you the support you need. Unlike other shoe inserts, these insoles feature a springy molded inner core providing the perfect amount of support in all of the right places.
- Suitable for plantar fasciitis, shins splints, neuromas, tendonitis, flat feet, and many other common foot issues
- Can be used for dress-up shoes, flats, clogs, tennis shoes, retro kicks, and more
- Biomechanically designed for optimal legs and feet functions
- These insoles are podiatrist-designed and made in a state-of-the-art orthotic laboratory made in the USA
- All-day comfort that you deserve in a pair of low-profile wear-anywhere orthotic insoles
- Crafted to fit your foot size and not a size range with orthotic laboratory precision
- No cutting, trimming, stuffing, or jamming into your shoes needed
Where to purchase Samurai Shoe Insoles?
You can purchase Samurai Shoe Insoles here on Amazon.
There are many things to consider while choosing the right insoles for your symptoms and needs. Firstly, the size and shape of the insole must be the same as the footwear you use. Also, you need to think about how the shoes fit your feet currently. Some insoles can fit your shoes perfectly, whereas some other shoes might need cutting or trimming.
Secondly, the insole should fit your foot as well as your footwear. The insoles you choose must also cushion and absorb shocks. Furthermore, they should use moisture-wicking fabric, which has an antimicrobial and anti-bacterial coating that can get rid of odor-causing bacteria. Lastly, choose the correct type of arch support from low, medium, and high. Medium arch support insoles are the most commonly used ones.